The Few, The Humble, The Orthodox!
As the Marines are known to be the most highly trained and effective soldiers on the planet, we thought it fitting too create an Orthodox version of their well-known emblem. We honor those who serve our country and pray this design reflects our acknowledgement of that honor as well as our respect and prayers.
Here are a few of the key alterations:
(1) Instead of the Globe, we have included the Cross ("...through the Cross, joy has come into the World) and ICXC NIKA (Jesus Christ Conquers).
(2) Instead of the Eagle, we have included the Dove (the symbol of the Holy Spirit as well as Peace) holding a banner bearing Semper Fidelis "Always Faithful" ("...Thy faithfulness is unto all generations" -Psalm 119).
(3) The original design's Anchor has been kept ("..the anchor of hope" Hebrews 6:19) which not only is a symbol of hope, but of the stability and strength of the Holy Church of Christ amidst the stormy seas of this fallen and sinful world.
(4) Finally, instead of the sailing ropes, we have included a Prayer Rope which reminds us of the importance of fervent, unceasing prayer (1 Thess. 5:16).
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (heather colors contain polyester) • Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2) • Shoulder-to-shoulder taping • Side-seamed Model is wearing a size M. He's 6.2 feet (190 cm) tall, chest circumference 37.7" (96 cm), waist circumference 33.4" (85 cm).
This t-shirt is high quality, true to size and the emblem is excellently done with vivid colors. As a Orthodox Marine I'm overjoyed to wear this. A great gift for anyone